St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
In 1999 St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.
Tri Delta 4 St. Jude
- More than $75 million raised in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children since the partnership began in 1999.
- In 2014, Tri Delta made one of the single largest commitments by a St. Jude partner, pledging $60 million in 10 years. In honor of this commitment, St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
EPSILON NU AND ST. JUDE CHILDREN'S RESEARCH HOSPITAL
Tri delta’s partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital began in 1999. In 2014, Tri Delta pledged to raise 60 million dollars in ten years. Most of the money Tri Delta women fundraise goes towards Tri Delta Place, which is a short term housing facility for families of St. Jude patients. Although I was unable to visit the hospital and Tri Delta Place, I took a virtual tour of the hospital and was mesmerized by the stories told by former Tri Delta patients. Despite the challenging times, Epsilon Nu has remained committed to St. Jude. During the 2020-2021 school year, our chapter hosted virtual events and raised over $17,000 dollars on behalf of St. Jude. These virtual events included a Walk-A-Thon, Sincerely Yours, and Delta House Of Pancakes (DHOP). Personally, my favorite was DHOP because we were able to cook and eat pancakes! During this event, our members participated in small groups or individually, raised money for St. Jude, decorated stacks of pancakes, and voted for their favorite stacks on our Instagram page. Our virtual philanthropy events enabled us to remain connected with our sisters and continue to support St. Jude. I'm so proud of our chapter for raising a large sum of money in the midst of a pandemic and I'm even prouder to be a Tri Delta woman.
Tri Delta Trio's Pancakes
The winning team: from left to right, Azure Gilmore, Gabby Suarez, and Franny Hill.