St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
In 1999, Tri Delta established a national partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.
Tri Delta 4 St. Jude
- More than $75 million raised in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children since the partnership began in 1999.
- In 2014, Tri Delta made one of the single largest commitments by a St. Jude partner, pledging $60 million in 10 years. In honor of this commitment, St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
EPSILON NU AND ST. JUDE CHILDREN'S RESEARCH HOSPITAL
Epsilon Nu takes the partnership with St. Jude very seriously and always goes above and beyond in fundraising efforts. In 2018, our chapter's name was placed on a wall in St. Jude recognizing us as the highest fundraising Tri Delta chapter of our size!
Each year, two sisters visit St. Jude at a conference with representatives from each Tri Delta chapter across the country. Lindsey Ellis and Michelle Separzedeh were the two sisters who represented Epsilon Nu in Memphis! Below, Lindsey shares her amazing experience.
"Going to St. Jude was one of the most rewarding experiences I have had as a member of Tri Delta. Since we as a chapter are not able to visit St. Jude, the way chapters near Memphis, do, I savored the opportunity to see the place our efforts helped build. I learned so many things that weekend I still use to this day. I learned about leadership and humility and how to do difficult tasks with a smile. We got to hear panels of Tri Delta sisters and previous St. Jude patients and were blessed to hear and see the real impact we have. It is easy to get caught up in fundraising numbers, so being able to experience the tangible impact of our philanthropy reminded me why our partnership is so unique and genuinely life-saving. Not only did I learn more about what makes our partnership with St. Jude unique, but I also got to do it with sisters from all across the country. Seeing our chapter’s name on the top fundraising chapters plaque in Tri Delta Place is a memory that I will always cherish, and it will always remind me why our philanthropy is so incredibly special."
Our Philanthropy Chair (Lindsey, left) and Asst. Philanthropy Chair (Michelle, right) visiting St. Jude during Summer 2019